Sunday, August 06, 2006

The $400 Bar Tab


Friday night I went out with the bloggers again and got so raging drunk that I ran up a $400 bar tab. Here's how:

1. Three mojitos at dinner: $18
2. Buying drinks at random Alphabet City dive & Beauty Bar: $20
3. Buying Polly & ActorSerf a round at Yogi's uptown: $15
4. Replacing lost Ipod an hour after I discovered I lost it (with accessories): $350.

I'm such a dumbass. I believe that my drunk ass didn't notice that it fell out of the bag when I switched out of the bronze Steve Maddens into flip flops. I blame the Maddens.

Instead of punishing myself by waiting to buy a new one, I immediately went out and bought a new Ipod at the closest Best Buy, and felt much improved when I had it in my hands. I only had to endure two train rides without it.

I don't know whether to be depressed or impressed by the Ipod's takeover of my life. As my roommate put it, it affects everything - from my workouts to how I listen to music.

I wonder if Apple was aware that for our generation, the Ipod changed everything.