Sunday, August 27, 2006

Big & Rich

I returned today from the hinterlands of Wisconsin into the city. As usual, I was sad to leave but happy to return. I was actually really looking forward to getting back into everyday NYC life once I boarded the plane to Chicago.........

Luckily I was too tired to be mad that my second flight from Chi-town to the Big Apple was delayed almost an hour, or that I was sitting next to two possible white Christians on a jihad (what other reason can you give to explain two devout religious newspaper-and-magazine carrying Catholics teaching themselves Arabic?).

I was tired because I attended my cousin Rooney's (Ryan) wedding and danced my butt off to, among other things, Big and Rich. I used to hate this country duo for being gimmicky, but then I really got into dancing to them, and now that "Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy" has been in my head for about 24 hours, I'm a fan. The blonde in me also just realized the pun of their band name. They are named Big & Rich.... and they ARE big.. and rich. Ha ha ha. Plus, I'm sick of Brooks & Dunn always winning the "best duo" award at the CMAs...

While I was home, I rebonded with my friend Poofy, who I adore as always, and saw him nearly as much as my parents. I also bowled a 115 game, ran into old friends from high school (3 Merrill weddings in a Wausau bowling alley complex leads to a lot of hugs from high school friends who double as distant relatives---usually by marriage thank god---I ran into five high school friends at the wedding reception venue alone, two of which are ex-girlfriends of Poof's, ironically) and smoked more cigarettes than I care to admit.

Alison gave me a talking to when we were camping and made a drunk Meg cry. I also had a few heart-to-hearts with my mom....which all led to a much needed car-on-the-side-of-the road-sobbing epiphany that helped me break the fever of my Todd obsession. Getting a little action in Wisconsin also helped..... not that I can really repeat it or make a relationship out of it (as much as I would want to), but it was a very enjoyable and moving experience (if making out can ever be moving, I did it on Friday night).

With my upcoming 150 plus emails to deal with at work tomorrow, I'm making it an early night. But hopefully we'll have pics to show on flickr soon.



2 comments:

Kiddo78 said...

I totally forgot you were back in good ol' Wisconsin this weekend!! DAMN your aunt for not letting you bring a guest! What the F is up with that??? I probably would have hated the music anyway. WHere did you go camping?!

Kiddo78 said...

UFF-DA, I had a lot of reading to do! We should just talk on the phone more...Not a lot new here, really. I do have some bitching to do about a guy. F'er done gonna GIT it when I see him again!!!