Thursday, January 11, 2007

MLK in MA

Add one more state to my repetoire: Massachusetts.

This weekend, Pough & I are headed up to Cambridge (home of Harvard) to visit his friend Nick. I'm scared as hell to not only spend 4 hours in a bus with Pough but also stay at his friend's house for three days. His friend Nick was nice enough when I met him (he's actually the most similar to me: he works in a foreign-language bookstore) but still, three days with the guy? I'm bringing a couple manuscripts in case I get sick of the boys.

Although I'm nervous, I'm really excited. I've heard so much about Boston from Mishy. I'm looking forward to walking on Boston Common, and drinking in a variety of pubs. Seeing the famed Ivy Leagues for the first time won't be too bad either.

Here goes a test run of a committed relationship with Pough, where we visit each other's friends in faraway places (gulp). At least I can get him back by taking him to Wisconsin in June. I'm starting to think that there's absolutely no reason why he won't last that long.

1 comment:

ldbug said...

Oh, you'll love Boston! It's a fun city;-) Enjoy!