Thursday, February 22, 2007

The Third Post of February

Once in a while, I'll think of a subject--from current events to what I'm dealing with in my life--and thin, that would be a great thing to blog about.

But I've only blogged TWICE since in the past 21 days. That's weird for me... back in the day when I had more time, I was blogging every day or at least every other. Now I'm lucky if it's once a week.

I've debated just walking away from Rejection at Rockefeller, but I like giving my opinion on cultural things and venting about my own life. But at the same time, I think I've got more important expression to do than what I've been writing on this blog.

When I nearly broke up with Pough and started comtemplating what was really going on with my lack of interest in our relationship, I went the old-fashioned way: I confronted my feelings with a pen and a journal, not a keyboard and DSL.

At work, I recently bought my first book (YAY) and edited my first manuscript (double YAY). I got my first editorial nod on the second author's manuscript---he said that my "talent and skill" helped and bettered his writing. How amazing! So as important as my own writing is (at least to me), I'm starting to think that perhaps my talents (and time) are better utilized in an editorial capacity.

Yesterday, I went to a Young Publishing Group luncheon with the co-founder of Gawker. She talked extensively about blogs and so-called "blog books". As she named off some respective and successful blogs, I thought: my blog sucks. It's been the victim of my schedule and lack of a computer when my ideas strike. So I'm debating retooling as well.

What do you think, dear readers? I'm at a crossroads.

2 comments:

ldbug said...

Well, I suppose it's what you feel you want from your blog. I like mine as a 'testing ground' if you will. It forces me to write something even if I don't want to, which lends to keeping in practice. Most of my real writing people never see (well, maybe they will one day, but not on a blog).

So, if you want to be a blog author, then write stories here. If you want a place to vent, that's cool too. And if you want to have a place to test out your writing for an audience, blogs are a great way to do it.

Don't go away, though!

Anonymous said...

People should read this.