Sunday, September 11, 2005

"I Don't Get People Who Don't Love This" Says Michelle


Today, Michelle, Autumne and I went to brunch at Essex, this fabulously trendy but we go there to snark on the hipsters place on the Lower East Side that offers a delicious $15 brunch with three intoxicating drinks included. THEN we went across town - ("You KNOW this neighborhood?" says Autumne and I pretend I do - the only reason I know it is that I've gotten lost there so many times) - on Bowery and Prince St and discovered vintage coats - I nearly bought one - on a rack about a block away from the Young Designer's Market on Mulberry... and then we went to my personal mecca, EXPRESS.

And I left with $400 worth of new clothes - of course not as many as I should have gotten for $400, but I did buy two new pairs of pants - including a very 80s womens tuxedo pair... but take out the satin lining on the inseam and the outside of the legs and replace it with lace.... I feel great!! Especially since those were a size 8, rather than a 10 (see the June archives for more info on that accomplishment). And I hope it will be the beginning of a beautiful thousand dollar wardrobe makeover. My treat!

But enough about me. New comment: we're walking across Houston towards the giant Crate & Barrel... on BWay and Michelle says "I still think there's something wrong with people who don't like New York. I just don't get people who don't love this.." and I thought, Amen sister! And then I realized that these girls are fantastic because they get it! Jackie is USED to it, but me and Michelle and all these kids from other places know what it is to dream about being here... and take advantage of it.

So we took advantage - we walked through Washington Square Park with our bags from shoppin... and showed Autumne how cool street performers are. That girl's getting a tour with me the next couple weeks!

I swear I'm learning more about myself every day... discovered another one of the roots about why I go to Central Park every week... especially since the guys on the transverse have gotten uglier if anything. Spandex is not for everyone, people!

More blogging to come, of course - one week til James is here and another boy's in love with me.... has always been, in fact, and came back into my life to give me hickeys last week that no one at work spoke about (thank god). Too bad I'm still in love with Todd..................................... something else Michelle has a very perceptive understanding of.

No comments: