Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Sooo Sorry Y'All

I only realized it now, but Y'all has been slipping into my lexicon. Maybe it's because I have the same haircut as my boss' boss, who is Southern.

Now that I have the Miranda hair (and about as close to Cynthia Nixon's body as I'm going to get), I also have Miranda hours. I spent nearly 11 hours at work on Monday, and I'm not done yet. Working for two bosses is hard... (did I mention that I got a non-promotion promotion, and that I'm working for two editors?)

Anyway, my life has gotten exceedingly busy. My friend came to visit this week for business, so I had to get drunk with him on Monday, and yesterday I went to a presentation by the editor-in-chief of the publishers' trade mag, and tomorrow I'm going to an author event... with Michelle & Jackie and aforementioned boy.. and Saturday I have a date!!!

Is it no wonder that I HAD to go to Victoria's Secret today and buy underwear and bras because I don't have time to do my laundry? Ridiculous........................

3 comments:

Kiddo78 said...

Keep at it, sistah. They'll notice all your hard work and you will be rewarded. Don't get impatient, though. Remember it took me five years to go from junior recruiter to full recruiter! Hopefully things move faster in your industry...

Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » »

Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! » »