Friday, September 01, 2006

At Home...

Bowling: My New Family Thanksgiving, Since No One is Home for Thanksgiving Anymore: Find pictures of my super-special fam at www.flickr.com/photos/meginnyc

I've been home in New York now for almost a week. I worked my ass off making up for the time I missed on top of doing my normal work. Hence the lack of blog postings.

I fell asleep at 4pm this afternoon, an unlikely event. I don't have any plans for this weekend since the remains of Ernesto made everyone want to stay in. I'm glad that the deluges of rain are happening this weekend, because I've got a stack of reading to do for work as well.

I could talk about how Kelly and I stalked celebrities from her window on Thursday watching the VMA Red Carpet (we saw everybody good I think, from Beyonce to Christina Aguilera to Diddy and Nick Lachey) but that's not the real story of what's going on with me.

I'm having troubles cutting my ties at home. I miss my friends, and my family. I guess I'll never know what would have happened if I had stayed in the Midwest. Would I have fallen in love with My Mr. Right by now? Or would I have regretted not living out my dream to live here?

I did adore work this week and loved my life sans Jackie in my Manhattan apartment. Maybe an entire weekend of doing nothing will help clear my head.


No comments: