Monday, May 28, 2007

I'm no music expert, but...

I suspect that Shania Twain's Come On Over (despite the album's breakout status) should NEVER beat Stevie Wonder's Songs in the Key of Life.

I love lists like this. When I got my first Ipod, I had a playlist with the songs from the Rolling Stone 500 top songs that I owned. Some publisher is doing the Pitchfork book, which will probably end up being the hidden bible for the entirety of Williamsburg poseurs. (For those of you not familiar with NYC, Williamsburg is an uber-hip area of Brooklyn that's just run-down enough to house the entire hipster population of the city.)

As disappointed and surprised with the "Definitive 200" list that I magically found, I am pleased to see that the Dixie Chicks' first album, Wide Open Spaces, appears pretty high (#33). But then, again, I can't trust a list that rates 50 Cent higher than Notorious B.I.G. (not to mention rating Kid Rock higher than George Harrison).

I must note that usually the list is cooler than me; but I am so much cooler than the Definitive 200. I'm really hoping that this list is based on sales alone, even if it says it's not.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yep...I'm calling foul on Santana's "Supernatural" in the top twenty. ;)