Wednesday, December 07, 2005

A Busy, Busy Meg

This week, I've been lucky to get out of work by seven pm. Spending ten hours at work, while not my idea of fun per se, has been a little taxing. My new schedule consists of coming home to eat, working out and then working again (reading submissions). But it's review time, and I have to put the work in if I expect to get compensated! So that explains the lack of blogging.

Also.... my weekend contributed to it. It all started with my mom, who sent me an email about my ninth grade crush being in an Irish rock band that *happened* to be playing a gig in NYC. In Midtown, about 3 blocks away from school. So of course, I drug Michelle for her bday and the rest of the crew (Kay, Mary Alice, and Autumne eventually showed up) and *pretended* to just "run into him". I wish now that I had talked to him in high school. We have the same interests - I have his "dream job" and we hung out not only at his gig (his band, the Kissers, is critically acclaimed - two reviews by the Wash Post) but also on Saturday where he got to meet and witness Jackie and her friends celebrating a bday on the LES. I got a couple numbers out of the deal as well (I was smokin hot - or at least referred to as "very cute" by Pete's band and "the hot girl" by Patrick's band, another band that was playing whose songs were sung and written by a guy I now have a date with on Saturday - and who actually called yesterday to ASK ME OUT. Shocking. Mind you, he did wait until Tuesday to call but that's cool.

Also on Sunday Todd and I had a marathon three hour session in my bedroom and I bought a ton of Christmas presents online as well. I'd say I did pretty well for myself..... tomorrow is the great holiday party at work which should be fun and then it's the weekend again........................... Where is all my time going?

Oh, and for the blog fans: Kiddo is coming out on the 16th. I'm psyched and busy doing research with my friends on which gay bar to take him to. I think it's time for me to witness the debauchery at Lucky Cheng's for the first time! But now it's time to go to work (bleh!).......