Monday, May 29, 2006

Don't Talk to her on a straight Vinyl night

A line from one of my favorite country songs:

She's friendly, and fun-lovin' most of the time.

But don't ask her on a straight tequila night.

She'll start thinkin' about him, then she's ready to fight.

Blames her broken heart on every man in sight,

On a straight tequila night.

Tonight, for me, is a James Taylor night. Convenient, really, since I just went upstate and bought a JT record. Tonight, the Eagles are too depressing, John Mayer's simply too new, and Billy will just remind me of everything I used to be.

I had a great time this weekend outside the city. I wondered, like I've been wondering for a while, if what I really want is a country life. But then, I always think that I love NYC. I love cities and especially this one. It infuses my soul. I've got lots of time to sit on a porch swing when I won't be able to walk from Spring Street to Bklyn in one fell swoop.

Don't tell anybody, but I've been hating my life recently. I'm not sure what exactly it is, but I think I'm just expecting too much. And its a slight thorn in my side that I don't have anyone to share it with. All the guys I've gone out with have largely been jokes, and with the exception of Jason and Chris, nobody since Todd has gotten to my heart. But that's okay - I'm willing to wait for the kind of looks I saw exchanged between both my friend Michelle and her husband and Michelle' s in-laws at the breakfast table this morning.

And I'm getting a bit farther in my career too, so no worries. I just tend to forget the good things, I guess.

Speaking of good things, I'll have funny stories from Upstate in Hudson tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work » »