Wednesday, May 31, 2006

I Will Always Love 'Em


I'm a country girl. I love Garth, Clint, Alan, and more recently, Kenny Chesney and Keith Urban.

Martina McBride, Trisha Yearwood and Sara Evans are more realistic role models than Madonna or Janet could ever be. And since I got into bluegrass, I felt Alison Krauss is evidence that God exists.

So even without the hype, I would have bought the new Dixie Chicks album. I'm always surprised by their albums; I'll listen to it, like it okay and then come back to it in six months and fall in love with it. So I just went ahead and bought it on Itunes.

I'm two songs in, and its damn good. Their mix of bluegrass, rock and country influences is only surpassed by my other favorite band, Nickel Creek, which is at the very lowest a good bluegrass ensemble and at best a great mesh of alternative and fiddle. All the hype of this album will rest on "Not Ready to Make Nice" --- but as the TIME article puts it, real DC fans will listen to the song once and move on. I like the song but I'll pull it out only when I'm that angry.

To be honest, I'm feeling what the song expresses; I have a close friend who's just NOT LISTENING TO ME. Nothing I ever say is correct; my opinions are always shit. And honey, I'm not ready to make nice. There's no point to arguing (because I can never be right, get the jist of my dilemna) but there's no point of saying, yes, you are right about everything. So I hang out in my room, being frustrated but not being able to really do anything about it. I can really only take pleasure in that she's probably a) wondering why I'm doing that all the time, thinking I'm depressed or b) as clueless as I am, just attempting to defend herself.

Lots of news today, I guess. . . a friend mentioned that the blog has been boring lately, and its because I don't feel like anyone's reading anymore. So if you are, mention something or at least post a comment. I'm not savvy enough to get a counter.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

BORING!!!!!

Just kidding. ;-)

Glamorous Redneck said...

I stop by and read all the time! I love to get a little glimpse into big city life!

Anonymous said...

Your blog is a daily read for me. I just catch-up on the archive posts when you don't post anything new for awhile.

Anonymous said...

Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
»

Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP al yasmin club Projector combos Great service2frates auto ins dangers of whitestrips Find microsoft sql 2000 and oracle training Business card credit discover small Antidepressants pills Tooth whitening ratings Promote sperm count vitamin stage 1 buick Below 500 credit scores Suzuki motorcycle after market parts Carbon fiber angel eye projectors Furnishings rug area jc penney wool Yahoo zyban vicodin archives Bravo teeth whitening gel Cock blowjob machine