Saturday, July 08, 2006

10 Best Mich Memories

I felt bad about the last post not representing my Michigan experience, so here's the top ten things that happened to me, in no particular order, June 30-July 5:

1. Listening to Jay Bo (Jason) explain on Steve's voicemail how he fell in his own pee while in a room of children
2. Completely unexpectedly losing my voice on my first morning there thanks to constant smoking and raising my voice over a heavy metal band selling SoCo Hurricanes in the Tiki Bar
3. Drunkenly laughing at Lori in the Burger King drive-thru because she was sober and Steve & I were SOOO not. I got home, ate chicken fingers and cottage cheese.
4. Not knowing what I was drinking out of when I was drunk one night at Steve's parents house.... and really not caring (I had three glasses.)
5. Saying to Lori in Lansing: "You know, Starbucks? Espresso drinks?" and TOTALLY getting checked on it in front of the cute optometrist (sp?) at Lens Crafters
6.Realizing in the middle of the night that I was cuddling with a dog (Lori & Steve's precious Skeeter)....and that it was more comfortable than a boy.... but I couldn't decide if it was smellier or not.
7. When Steve's sister (and bridesmaid) Amy's friend Nikki told me that I had hit on her ex-husband/father of her children the night before.
8. Turning down a guy to dance who immediately after clunked his head on the stage while attempting to do the Worm.
9. Going on a crazy, swinging up in the air and twirling carnival ride and not being physically able to scream (see #2) and being really, really scared.
10. Drinking bloody marys with Lori's future groom during wedding consults (My question: what kind of liquor packages do you offer?)

Additional Things I'm Very Proud of to an Extent That Most People Are Embarrassed to Admit:
eating REAL cottage cheese with delight

sitting with a baseball team on the flight to Detroit who were so Staten Island stereotypical it was ridiculous

getting on the aforementioned ride and saying to Lori, "This is Dominican music" and having the carnie give me silent props

No comments: