Sunday, July 09, 2006

In Love, Again

I first fell in love with Nickel Creek a few years ago when I saw their show at the Basilica Festival in St. Paul..... it was the only concert where I've RUN back and forth to the porta-potty as to not miss any of the show.

So of course I became obsessed with their backlist and side projects. The band is Chris Thile (mandolin), Sara Watkins (fiddle) and Sean Watkins (guitar). Sean & Sara are brother and sister-all of them sing.

I fell in LOVE with Sean's solo album 26 Miles and have done the same with his latest, blinders on. I absolutely adore it.

Here are lyrics from my two favorite songs:
what if you thought you saw a ghost
a hundred times a day
what if the thing you wanted most
was impossible to say
(from Run Away Girl)

from hello...goodbye:

She came up and said hello
my name is kate and i liked your show
and there was nothing i could say
but thanks come again
she didn't know
that we got married in my head
there were christmases and dogs
and our kids' hair was red
and as years flew by i gazed into her eyes
and said goodbye

Since this is how I react to most men I really really like (especially in casual encounters that I'll never have again) Sean once again read my mind. I'm embarrassed to admit that's how I felt about him, too (at the Fine Line Show in Minneapolis, Aug 04.)

Too bad I can't use it on him the next time Nickel Creek comes to NYC.
Check out his website http://www.seanwatkins.com - you can download the whole CD or just my favorite song.