Thursday, July 06, 2006

On the West Coast. . . . of Michigan


So on Friday after another short date with my cutie Boy A (he needs a new name so I think I'll call him Curls) Thursday night, I went to visit my best friend Lori.

I haven't seen Lori in 3 years so I was a little worried we wouldn't get along. And there were some uncomfortable silences and she talks even more now in baby talk (something I absoutely detest) but I love her fiancee Steve and they make a wonderful pair. Now if we could only defeat Mary Ann, Lori's mom-in-law......

Seriously, though, I had a great time. I sold about $2,000 worth of tokens for $4 frozen Southern Comfort hurricanes (super yummy but cold as hell when the wind on Lake Michigan came up) in TWO HOURS on July 3, heard Brian McKnight, Trapt, Smash Mouth and a ton of regional cover bands.... and got to hang out with two of my favorite people in the world.

I also met the maid of honor, best man, one of the bridesmaids and got in a water balloon fight with the flower girl. I also managed to accidentally hit on someone's ex husband and got shot down by a plethora of blue collar guys (not really, but I didn't get lucky either.)

There's lots of great ancedotes, but I can't think of them right now, of course. What I've been thinking about lately is my friendship with Lori and the silences we had in the car rides back and forth across the state of Michigan and if its a good thing or a bad thing. I guess she is still my best friend even though Michelle or Jackie & I are closer---- but she's my best friend from Winona and that's all that matters. Just because my best friend from high school and I aren't as close anymore that doesn't mean they're not still some of my best friends, right? I'm going to look at it that way so I don't get depressed about it and don't give up on it too soon. We're living such different lives anyway...... (even though I found out Lori does part time work for Pearson, another publishing company!!!)

The other thing I'm ruminating about is if I should date guys at all. It's not necessarily going bad for me now, but its definitely not going great. So maybe I should just take care of myself right now and see what transpires in the meantime. It doesn't mean I'm going to stop talking to the boys I've met, I just won't go out searching for new ones.

We'll see how long that lasts. Bets, anyone?

Seriously though, I'm really debating if I even want a guy to touch me, or flirt with me, or what have you. Certainly no sex has been going on, and that's totally been MY choice. I just haven't been getting the same jones/high/pleasure out of it. Lately its just been annoying. I don't know if that's because its the wrong guys or the wrong time. Either way, I just don't feel right.

But, I've also got my date lined up for Lori & Steve's wedding next summer, if we're both still single and interested. I bargained for him to be Steve's personal assistant (I'm Lori's so Steve's gotta have one, and I bargained for him to be at the head table since we're the only single people that are in the wedding). His name is Jason and he's an average guy but he's really funny and I know he'll dance with me. He was super drunk when I met him (he fell into the sand into his own pee after drinking for 12 straight hours... we met him in hour 10) but I think he's a good guy and so does Steve.... so we shall see.

The only action I got in Michigan is one kiss and some hand holding from this kid Matt who I was leading on because he was mean to Lori three years ago (it's a very long story). I'm not kidding. He pissed me off anyway, so he wasn't getting any. It was satisfying to tell him no and see a surprised look. What did he expect when my drink was delayed because he was asking out the bartender?

More later when I'm not so swamped catching up on workouts, work, and life in general....

3 comments:

Dizzie said...

I love visiting friends I haven't seen for ages - it seems every time we meet, they have changed to completely different people, but after just a few minutes in the same room together, we all fall back into our 'roles', the people we used to be while seeing one another on more regular basis...

Now, I kinda wish I had the time to arrange a friendship-meeting! Maybe two weeks from now, at the big city party! Wish me luck! (and I'll repay by blogging all about it!) :)

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. buy levitra Eres lingerie Acyclovir chicken pox http://www.adult-personal-web-cam.info/Gay-male-stories-with-poppers.html street signs camping bussiness cards Botox albany area

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work olympic games acyclovir http://www.wellbutrin-withdrawal-xl.info zocor weight gain