Sunday, February 05, 2006

Trading..... Up?

Poof was my best guy friend through college. He gave me lots of (appropriate) shit for the bullshit I said and did, and I gave him that in return. Looking back, he really loved me.

We haven't spoken-really-in about 2 years. Why? I always wondered. My high school group only fell apart in the last 2 years or so but stuck together for 4 years before that... so why now?

I've lost other friends, but Poof is the most prolific and I miss him the most, probably everyday if I want to be honest about it. But, like my situation with Todd, I stopped beating my head against the wall, and decided that if he didn't want to be friends with me that was fine.

It occured to me yesterday while I was walking the loop in the park that I traded my dream of living in New York for some of my friendships. I don't regret it, because I wouldn't want to think of what kind of friend or person I'd be if I hadn't left the Midwest.

But to those I've left behind, I'm sorry that you feel deserted or that I'm above you. Because I'm as miserable/happy here as there but I just couldn't stay. And I miss you, Poof.

2 comments:

Kiddo78 said...

Hi. That's all. Just hi. Nothing new here, really...Except I got super-drunk on Saturday afternoon, walked home and fell down three times. Picture of class.

Anonymous said...

Best guy friends always turn out to be poof's, don't they?

C'est la vie.