Monday, June 26, 2006

How to Get The Guy

Has anyone seen this show on ABC? Its fab... I reccomend all girls watch it for handy advice and some great dates.

Speaking of great dates, I had one on Saturday night with Boy A....he met me at my friend T.S.'s birthday party at Brother Jimmys on the east side. Not a place either of us would frequent, but it was a lovely time and we got knockered, so much so that we hijacked two of T.S.'s friends from CT and went down to the Lower East Side.

I showed the girls the merits of hitting on guys in the bathroom lines, and then proceeded to kiss Boy A at Welcome to the Johnsons. The girls were totally, totally hammered so we put them in a cab to head back to Astoria while we jumped in one to go back to his favorite bar in Williamsburg, right across from his apartment.

So of course we headed over to the apartment. Goregous apartment and lovely art (which I really appreciated in the morning --- the light in there was amazing) and a truly interesting guy that I think I'll see again. We spent the morning discussing old TV shows and napping on and off. He was a cuddler which made me happy. (It's not often a girl gets to cuddle twice in one weekend)

The funniest part of the date, if you want to call it that, was when he asked me if I wanted to go get coffee and a bagel. Of course I did, since I love hanging out in Brooklyn, especially Williamsburg (Smith St in Cobble Hill is my absolute favorite). But he remembered that his parents were going to be in the neighborhood (his dad is in real estate). So he called to check that they weren't at the cafe across the street, and of course they were. We composed a stealth plan, but the elevator opened and there I am meeting the parents (and their friends, who are considering being investors). It was an embarrassing situation had by all but I think Boy A and I bonded when we got outside and instantly pulled out cigarettes and laughed all the way to the bagel shop.

We sat outside for a while, eating bagels and drinking juice and coffee and it was truly lovely. I had a great time talking to him and chatting up the friends that stopped by. I left the Burg at 2 or 2:30 which was crazy late considering I had been out since 9pm the night before, pretty much with him the entire time.

We emailed today, but I'm not sure if I'll get to see him before I go to Michigan. I'd like to, but I'm so busy this week that I'm not sure if I can. (I have a tendency to see all my good friends before I fly anywhere so that if the plane crashes, they would have seen me recently. Morbid, I know, but it's a habit. I guess I sometimes treat it like I might decide to stay whereever I'm going.)

Boy B was sweet too, text messaging and calling to give his appreciation. He has a blog as well, so of course i read it. (And you were right on, if you are reading).

It's interesting to me that I have two guys available to me that I'm not sure if I like. Enough to warrant a second date with both of them, sure.... but since someone asked me if I was really ready to date, I've been skeptical of my own capabilities in that department.

So who knows. But at least I know I've got good legs (thanks, Boy A. The way you described me was very complimentary, and according to me, dead on) and these fantastic, interesting potentials.

Michigan is coming up in 3 days and I couldn't be more grateful. I'm going to get tanked on Thursday so I can sleep (I'll be too excited otherwise). I'm a little nervous about seeing my best friend Lori (I haven't seen her in 3 years) but I think it will be fun, restful and a ego booster (I'm hotter in Michigan, after all...).

(I will try to update before then, but if I don't get the chance, assume I am a) leaving my friends with a good memory to contemplate at my funeral or b) doing laundry.)

No comments: