Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Lekker! Iseult ben in mijn huis!


Yep. That's about as much Dutch as I remember. I probably conjugated the verb wrong too... but what it means is: YAY! Iseult is in my house!


My friend Iseult and I met when I lived down the hall from her boyfriend Ru in the fall of 2002, in Leiden, the Netherlands---a city of about 100,000.Iseult and I hung out often, and I loved going to visit Iseult's fam in Breda, a town in the southern part of the Netherlands, and kept in pretty good touch with her over the past four years.

So now the time has come for Iseult to be an exchange student---in Madison, Wisconsin! She's been there since August/September and is coming to Christmas at my house... but first she's making a pit stop here in the Big Apple.

It's so funny that I'm spending all of the fall American holidays with a Dutch girl. I'm nervous about seeing her because I only knew her for a few months and I know I've changed tremendously since then. I just have no idea what to expect, and for that I'm excited.

Plus, I can't wait for her to meet Darren and his roommates, my friends, and see her eyes light up when CHICAGO starts on Monday night.

Happy Thanksgiving, all!

No comments: