Monday, December 04, 2006

A Relaxed Weekend

Although I went out both Friday and Saturday nights, I had a terrific weekend. Friday, I went downtown to meet Pough and another member of the Po-Town Clan (his friends, who are all from Poughkeepsie) for dinner and drinks. Then we headed uptown to my girl Kelly's bday party at the Dublin House. It was great fun...and by midnight, Pough, the friend, and I were in a cab headed back up to the Heights.

On Saturday, Pough and I layed around for a while and then he had to leave to meet the friend downtown to go to Poughkeepsie (big surprise, huh?). Then I went for a run and sat around until it was time to go to Jody's holiday party. I was uncertain I would actually go all day on Saturday but I got my ass out to Astoria anyway....and had a blast!

I was drunk when I headed back into Manhattan but in the best way: relaxed and a bit sleepy. I blasted Beyonce and RENT to keep myself awake on the A and then on Sunday I woke up sans hangover because I made myself drink two glasses of water before passing out.

Yesterday, even though I should have gone downtown to Kmart for supplies, I sat on my ass. I went running, but otherwise I didn't leave the house. 20 text messages to Pough, my usual 60 Minutes-Amazing Race veg in front of the TV, and three hours spent on the phone with Lori & Poof later my weekend finished out.

This week I've got two drinks dates, two tipsheets due, some back cover copy to write, a date with Pough and a dinner. So who knows when I'll be back....since when did buying Christmas presents become the last thing I do during the holidays?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too busy! All the blogs I'm reading, people are going out right and left, I barely make it out for one night/week;-)

I'm getting old - and the bank's bust