Monday, December 11, 2006

Snark on hold

At dinner last night with Kelly:
"I think I'm actually happy..."
K: "Well, the ranting posts have definitely gone down..."

Yes, people, they have. Because despite having a million social engagements getting in the way of laundry and other Things I Have To Do Before Wisconsin (including cleaning my entire apartment, moving out my current roomie and moving in a new one), I am happy. I have a wonderful boyfriend who thinks I'm gorgeous and treats me right.

He better watch out, because I'm already so smitten. I'm the girl with the pic of herself and her boyfriend on her cell phone wallpaper and the computer wallpaper for goddsakes. But at least they're different pictures.

On a completely different note, NYC is becoming small. I ran into our old copyrights girl from work yesterday at brunch, went into Sabon to buy product from a girlfriend who is working there for Xmas cash, and have run into random people on the street.

For good measure, see how cool I am at Josh & Josh. I seem to run into these guys a lot, even though we're just three people in a very big city. I feel like I should know them even though I don't. Maybe sometime we'll actually purposefully hang out. Can one become friends out of mutual blog-appreciation? Virtually no one reads this compared to their audience, but one can only hope.

Yesterday, Kelly & I went to the same event at elmo to see this girl from my high school perform. It was pretty random seeing her--not to mention having her introduce me to someone as "Shea's sister". I got the same feeling I always get when I see someone from Merrill in New York. It's a weird queasy feeling, but a kind of nice and cuddly sentiment from somewhere deep in my heart that loves acknowledging the past.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're happy! It's the best way to greet the holiday season:-) Have fun in Wisconsin!

Anonymous said...

re: you and the BF Yay! That's awesome. He's a peach.