Monday, April 09, 2007

207 Facts in 2007: #4

Before I get into my fact of the day, I have to apologize for the lack of posts. I was sick all weekend and very busy last week---which I know is no excuse, but I nearly forgot I had a blog at all until I had a full cup of coffee and nothing to do this morning (except go to work, but I'm not really ready to do that until said coffee cup is empty).

#4: I used to want to be a famous singer/performer.

Yes, like every other 13 year old girl I wanted to be a famous singer, preferably a country performer. I thought I was the next Faith Hill, or Martina McBride. But instead, I perform Sugarland songs at karaoke with my friends on a regular basis, and act out RENT with my gay friend TS to the delight of the Bridge & Tunnel Crowd.

I did, though, write down in a list of goals that I wanted to sing on stage for people, and I had my opportunity my sophomore year in college when I played the role of Margot Frank in The Diary of Anne Frank. We sang a song about Hannukah and I had to start it. So I guess that counts for something, right?

Needless to say a lot of my other dreams came true (New York, high-profile and cool job, a boy who loves me) so I can't be too picky with God or whoever that I'm not Carrie Underwood.

1 comment:

ldbug said...

Oh, sorry you were sick, no fun!

I've never heard you Karaoke, will have to do b/f I leave NYC!