Friday, July 08, 2005

On The Road Again

I debated whether to finish off the story I started yesterday,or to ruminate about how its been nearly a month since I last saw Todd. But now is not the time for melodrama of my own, especially since yesterday I think all of us in major cities had yet another realization of our own and our friends' mortality.

I've never been afraid to die; I've been afraid to live. But last weekend, I really did live. Jackie & I crossed the border while she was still drunk (and amazed at the tourist signs for CUBA) and then I drove the 2 hours north to Toronto while she slept. We were like Joesph and Mary - no room at the inn, over and over again. If we had beat this lady in, we may have had a place to stay, but that was the way things went.

So we trekked..... all around Toronto, stopping at a McD's to eat and read the actual journalism of the Canadian paper; played with some Canadian geese, and as much as I wanted to talk about the Barenaked Ladies with Canadian guys, we headed back out of the city (after using Brandi's card to pay $30 for parking we didn't end up using) and went to Niagara Falls, to ride the Maid of the Mist for a quick shower....

And today I found the crumpled, been-through-the-washing-machine-in-these-jeans Maid in the Mist postcard they give you when you ride on it, and thought - wow. Jackie & I really did have a bonding moment on the boat. Despite the massive amounts of Indian (somehow beating out Asians... I'm not sure how) tourists, it still managed to be a very relaxing time. I told her about my fear of getting dunked in water, and only had a minor panic attack in the falls. Overall, it was cool and almost too much to take in.

And then grudgingly we had to head back to the B-lo to give Brandi back her wallet - we didn't steal it, she didn't want to carry a purse and drunk Jackie forgot all about it - and that story, is for another day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... » »

Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! california paintball On vicodin alcohol forex trading How timeshares work teeth whitening stop smoking