Wednesday, July 20, 2005

So what does that mean?

Today I feel a bit better about the whole Todd ordeal - not angry anymore just more ... understanding somehow. Don't get me wrong - I still think that he's messed up. But in a pat-your-head-poor-you way instead of an asshole/playa way.

Speaking of playas, I still haven't heard from David, but I doubt I will again. He's probably in jail or just ignoring me. I'm not really sure which, but I also don't care. I wasn't really that crazy about him, so it's okay. He'll pop up as soon as I stop thinking about him.

But I am thinking about someone else. Last night I went out for drinks with a guy I met at the Gin Mill about a week and a half ago named Rich (I know, that name is horrible.) Either way, it was really, really awkward until we realized we shared a common interest in John Hughes movies and everything 80s - him more movies, me more music - and then we extended our drinks to two mojitos each and then proceeded to go to the park. We kissed and hugged and all that, but I don't know what the vibe is from him.

Although I have his work info - he works up on Madison somewhere (haven't checked the cross streets) I still haven't gotten the cell numbers which I think is a little weird... but yet again, this guy's longest relationship (he says) was six weeks, so maybe he's a little bit on this side of shady.

But this girl has gone on long enough, so when I sent him the books I promised, I also invited him to come watch THE GRADUATE on my couch on Saturday night. I figured, what the hell? He's a good kisser and I could see him certainly as a fool-around buddy if not anything else.

Then I get this email back:

Thanks so much for hanging out after work yesterday evening. It was really nice to unwind with you & chat a little more. I was completely surprised by your gift today! Usually when I get something, it means some client is about to make my job suck… you really made my day. Thanks again!

I'm clueless as to what this means in guy speak, so of course I invited him to call me. I guess I'm not very good at being coy. But he said he liked my candor (and he used the word CANDOR..... very sexy.) so who the hell knows. So I may get a call.. or I may not.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's not guy talk, that's what happens with work! Whenever you receive a package at work it can't be good because it just means alot of work to do.

Anonymous said...

Isn't it spealt 'candour'??