Monday, August 15, 2005

I'm Getting Old

Today I did the good deed of emptying all the old mail out of my hotmail accounts.... and discovered that I AM OLD.

I have an email from my ex, Troy, in which he refers to my Halloween party with Brandi in the 451 E. 8th St apartment -- that's dated October 23, 2003!

Mind you, this party seems like yesterday to me. Although it was before I even slept with Adam or found out I was moving to NYC for sure, it's still totally yesterday. I remember locking my cat, Sam, into my bedroom and having to clean the carpet three times to get all the cigarette ash out. And I remember everyone singing MIDNIGHT TRAIN TO GEORGIA when it came on - including the white guys.

What the hell happened? Was I a senior in college for the last time TWO YEARS AGO? My lord, my lord, my lord. But I guess I have advanced. Instead of playing the game with my "overnight buddy" Adam, I'm going out to dinner with the writer from VH1... who I adore and talked to about a pita today. Yeah, a pita.

But it was cute. And I love the fact that I all I have to complain about is a) a lack of work and b) that I can't fit in my workouts due to my busy social schedule. Living in the greatest city in the world helps, too.

No comments: