Thursday, August 11, 2005

What to Listen To While Constructing Said Affidavit of Destruction

I went for my usual morning round (or lunch round, depending) of my favorite blogs, and I saw this on Reid's:

"List ten songs that you are currently digging ... it doesn't matter what genre they are from, whether they have words, or even if they're no good, but they must be songs you're really enjoying right now. Post these instructions, the artists, and the ten songs in your blog. Then tag five other people to see what they're listening to."

I was really, really hoping to get "tagged" because Reid knows how much of a music freak I am, so when I noticed I had been, I jumped right on. Here are my 10 faves as of late, in no particular order (note playlist name above, for use in Ipods and other assorted devices):

1. What About Love? - Heart
2. Alone - Heart (I like the fact that she's all angsty about loving this guy)
3. Become What You Hated - Midtown
4. Since You've Been Gone - Kelly Clarkson (this made funnier by one of the editors at work suggesting it in whispers so she doesn't lose her indie cred. But I'm pretty sure editing a book about Morrissey guarantees that pretty much indefinitely).
5. When In Rome - Nickel Creek (new Nickel Creek!)
6. All I Want - Toad the Wet Sprocket
7. I'm Not Crying for You - Save Ferris
8. Bless the Broken Road - Rascal Flatts (I'm a sucker for this song)
9. Reflections - The Supremes
10. Give It Up - Homegrown (I love pop punk harmony)

If you can, I recommend downloading numbers 1,3, 4, and 5 if you have never heard them. But of course, downloading (or buying!) them all would also be beneficial. Do you think affidavit of destruction will fit on the Ipod as a playlist name?

Since I don't really know 5 people with blogs - at least, who look at mine - I shall tag Athena, Amanda P (I'm curious), Josh & Josh if they look here, Michelle & Erica. (Those of you sans blogs please post comments..... or post a comment linking to the blog of choice.)

5 comments:

hnp said...

broken road is only one of the best country songs ever!!! and kelly clarkson...well, i don't know what to say about that one! LOL...but it does seem to stick in your head, kinda how old gum sticks to the bottom of your shoe

Kiddo78 said...

I was listening to Heart while we talked when I was driving through your old stomping grounds in Wisconsin! I (heart) Heart.

Anonymous said...

Hi! Been lurking here for a while now. Great songs. Bless the Broken Road is one of those songs that practically reduces me to a blubbering fool every time I hear it.

I had just posted this list on my blog yesterday. Hop on by if you get a chance! :)

~Carrie~

Anonymous said...

well, i've lately been rifling thru friends' libraries, so here is my current list:

Powerless (Say What You Want)-Nelly Furtado

Dancin' in the Streets-Mick Jagger and David Bowie

Everybody Hurts-the Corrs

White Flag-Dido

Since You've Been Gone-Kelly Clarkson

We Belong Together-Mariah Carey

Give Me the Night-Randy Crawford

How Soon is Now-Love Spit Love

Your Love is King-Sade

Take 5-Dave Brubeck

Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info Call centers pakistan trg online degree Fishing boat dealers in colorado Aim express popup blocker software Adware removal symantec blocker popup