Thursday, April 20, 2006

Another Turkey in Jersey

I went, per usual, for a run/walk across the GW Bridge... and walked over to Palisades Park which is right outside of Fort Lee, NJ...I was almost back to the end of the park that leads to the street when I see two rabbits. Cute... but keep running. I stopped, however - IN MY TRACKS, openmouthed- when I saw a turkey.

I turned my head and looked back. Yep there's the Empire State in the distance past the towers of the G Dub... and here's a turkey. I know from my background that male turkeys (like roosters) will attack if they feel threatened, so I slowly backed off and circled around him. But jesus.... I never expected that.

Using Wisconsin skills to determine if the rain is going to pass overhead on my way to brunch with Berger is one thing (this determined whether we would sit outside at Bleu or not) but remembering the defense mechanisms of turkeys is not.

In other news; I'm hanging out with other bloggers tomorrow night; Dolly from "The Truth about Cocks and Dolls" invited me out; Berger & I have yet another date on Friday (I'm tired tonight because I spent my very first weekday sleepover with him and my first sleepover in Inwood last night, all in one fell swoop) and then on Saturday I'm going to karaoke with Dolly and a Random Assistant, and perhaps Autumne & Mishy will join us. Sunday Kelly & I are brunching and I am going to be a very tired and very broke girl by the time Grey's Anatomy airs.

But all in all, it makes me happy too! More good news: I have won over Jeremy, Berger's friend, and apparently the guy who has the office across from him thinks that he would go for me if he wasn't married (and Mormon). So apparently I've become a hot commodity for Berger's social circle. (Although a combination of me loving "Mr. Plow" from the Simpsons and getting Jeremy a date factored into his major liking of me).

Berger made me a mixed CD; he also started referring to me as his girlfriend. It freaks me out a bit, but I'm all about it just as much: bring on relationship memorabilia, and weekday sleepovers.

On my short walk of shame home (bless those 24 blocks and the A train), I thought about Todd a lot which is the first time in a while. I found pics of him on the digital camera and I finally thought, "Why was I ever attracted to him, really?". Maybe I'm closer to being over him; or maybe its that Berger says he'll punch Todd if Berger meets him drunk. Because that makes me feel better.




4 comments:

Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com said...

It was nice to meet you at the blogger event last night! (I thought I'd check out your blog because, well, I'm nosy.)

Wow! It sounds like things are going well with you and Berger. Weekday sleepover *AND* the infamous "Winning Over The Friend"? SCORE!!! :) BTW, albeit our meeting was brief, you both seem like fabulous people.

Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it
coffee maker Getting pictures on cell phones Disney world vacation review 24 cup drip coffee maker Antique silver coffee makers Scuba travel new york manhattan Ordering ativan online Bonk 1998 web-based case conferencing salton coffee maker mj4014b hair removal products Firebox desktop coffee maker Potless coffee makers Lipitor adverse side effects Personal stories cervical cancer Camping+coffee+coleman+maker Lung cancer legal advice uk Cafino coffee maker and server Switzerland finance broker forex broker switzerland

Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... » »

Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! Culinary arts trianing schools land rover