Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Weekend Withdrawl

Berger and I have now progressed to the part of the relationship we used to call in my comm studies undergrad interpersonal comm class as "the honeymoon stage". We've spent almost the entire two weekends together.

Last weekend, case in point. Friday I went to kill some time after work with Danielle, walking down to meet Jackie at V Bar, and then went over to network with Polly and other bloggers...which was just as cool as I expected it to be, and when Berger called to meet me, I had him meet me there. Since we were rocking the blog names, he remained Berger for those two beers, and then we headed out to Park Slope for the Bklyn Underground Film Festival.

Let me tell you, there is only one better thing than sitting on your boyfriend's lap, watching film shorts.... and that is finding him after you lose him during the open bar hour. Classic. And then we went home via a Hell's Kitchen Diner and dancing on the train (Including singing, per usual!)

Saturday I was to go out with Michelle, Autumne and the Karaoke girls to a karaoke bar in Chelsea. Berger was out in L.I. at his grandma's 85th birthday party (I know, how sweet!) and called me on his way back and wandered up to the restaurant where were dining. He even sang at the karaoke bar and stayed with the girls on girls night until 2am when we finally left to catch a cab home.

Sunday morning we woke up with my roomie and her lover, ordered omelettes from the diner and then headed out to the Yankees game (His uncle gave him free tickets at the aforementioned bday party). I was determined to go despite that it was pouring when we woke up. The Yanks did play and I enjoyed telling him that the difference between the national and american leagues. Then we went back downtown into Manhattan and I had to leave him on our way back at my stop.

He ended up calling that night (he had to have dinner with his mom and sister, again, how sweet it is that he's so into family) and then we walked each other home from work yesterday.

Alas, I'm kidnapping him on Thursday so that we can spend some time together before he heads upstate for the weekend. It will be nice to have a break, but I'm going to miss him like crazy.

This, of course, being the precursor to all things unhealthy, including fights, misinterpreted actions and of course, less sex.

Hence, the honeymoon period.

No comments: