Saturday, April 22, 2006

Berger and I are having a budding romance, but we still hit rough spots. I guess that's natural, but am I supposed to be thrown off balance when we hit a rocky patch?

We had a wonderful night together; he met me at a LES bar where I was meeting with Dolly and other bloggers (see the new links section to the right, read some of those blogs please) and had a couple drinks and then we headed out to the Brooklyn Underground Film Festival.

We sat apart which sucked (we had to) but came back together for the last two shorts which were pretty good overall. We also saw Cathy & Ben, who used to work in our departments at work last year and I saw my friend Essie randomly... overall very fun. We made it home via a subway and a cab, and went to brunch this morning.....

I left him happy, satiated and feeling wonderful this morning. So much so that before getting on the subway, I said to him, "This is going really well, isn't it?" And I was sure I hadn't freaked him out until he called me at 2pm citing that I had said something remotely derogatory in jest this morning. I know he's right to call me on these things, but should his radar still be tuned so sensitively?

So now I'm in a minor freakout mode, although I know that in the grand scheme of things this will likely blow over. But I really, really like him. I've opened my heart to him and I'm afraid he'll go away. And I can't let my big mouth affect this relationship. Unless its to say good things.

I left a voicemail full of good things - hopefully he'll listen to it and accept that I really enjoy being with him, because of his flaws and because I suspect he may make me a better person.

And isn't that what love is supposed to do?

No comments: