Sunday, June 04, 2006

A Hard (Yet Cushioned) Fall from Grace

So Braff never called. I went out on Friday with Michelle to see THE BREAKUP (fabulous movie, I love Jennifer Aniston so very, very much) and then met up with Stolie, the Funky Brown Chick (see right) for drinks.

Then I proceeded to go out for drinks with Ray, a guy that I met via CL who was okay but I wouldn't really want to date him and then headed back up to my hood to see OpenMic Guy and his friends.

OpenMicGuy runs my favorite restaurant above 168th Street (i'll never tell!) and I thought we had a connection, and I was sure he was going to call last night and find out what's going on at the very least. (What was going on was that I was sitting around by myself, bitching that my neighbors were having a party.) But, like Braff, the call never came.

Lori, my best friend in Michigan, tried to cheer me up by telling me OpenMicGuy was on "boy time" (she called to tell me she bought her wedding dress). That worked for a while, but I'm still disappointed.

Just another point that I'm not the mankiller I seem to be at times; out of the four guys I had on my plate Friday morning (Ray, ComediMan, Braff, and OpenMicGuy), only ComediMan held up his regular routine, calling me at 3:30 and 5:30 am, presumably for a booty call. In a twist of comedic irony, I have yet to call HIM back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»