Monday, June 12, 2006

Why I Like Online Dating

I've decided that online dating is like being in the 8th grade again:

1. You spend hours on the phone talking with the prospective mate before "going out". (Not to mention IMs.)

2. You are fairly anonymous --- you don't have to tell anyone if you don't want to. My southern gal pal was talking to a guy from myspace for six months and then finally went on a date with him!

3. It's not that big of a deal if you stop dating suddenly.

This could be the reason I love Craiglist so much, combined with that I can get up to 100 emails at a clip and judge the men as I go along, picking them off one by one. No matter how many emails I get, there's always 3 or 4 that stand out.

I'm all about going back to the 8th grade method of dating: holding hands, kissing, and waiting on the sex. Because frankly, sex screws us up. I won't tell this to the CL guys though. But I guess that's just another level of screening - after all, every girl's heard the talk of the future, given it up and never heard from the dick (literally and figuratively) again.

So in the immortal words of Whitesnake:
Here I go again,
on my own goin' down the only road I've ever known.
Like a drifter I was born to walk alone.

Well, maybe not, but it was in my head.

2 comments:

Kiddo78 said...

Oh, PLEASE don't start blogging about the random guy you're meeting on CL...it's confusing enough reading about the guys you've already met in person. Whore. hahaha

Kiddo78 said...

You met Wanda Sykes?! I'm so jealous! Love her. Oh, and I laughed at the "Christmas morning icebreaker" you'd use if only your parents had VH1...funny nonetheless.