Friday, March 23, 2007

No Sleep 'Til Springfield

The brilliant plan:
1. Party all night on Friday
2. Get up at 5am (ouch) and drive four hours to Springfield, Mass.
3. Start a tailgate party at 10:30 am
4. Proceed to drink through NCAA Division II game
5. Celebrate
6. Pass out at random hotel
7. Drive four hours to New York City
8. Collapse on couch.

And all of this, because I want to see my undergrad win the Division II Men's Basketball Championships. Even though they a) won last year; and b) it will be broadcast on CBS.

If you picture this sort of irrational and money-wasting decision making spread over the course of five years in a town with less entertainment, you are imagining Meg: The Undergrad Years.

My college friends are so much fun: they're people who I've drank with through any occasion and/or holiday, who remember someone who once climbed inside her own refrigerator "just to see if I could do it" and who find nothing wrong with paying $425 to fly across the country to watch a team that we know no one on and could watch on our own TVs.

So watch Winona State kick ass while you're hungover--the championship game will be on at 1pm on CBS. And if you're lucky, you may catch a view of a drunk, tired me cheering on my alma mater.

No comments: