Monday, November 14, 2005

That's Some Funny Shit

After my nervous breakdown weekend, I woke up today at 7am (since I forgot something at work and needed to get in early to fix it) cheerful and upbeat and happy about being single and alone and ready to forge a new life yet again.

Ryan said some really great and supportive things that I needed to hear and thus I had courage to hop out of bed, but on my cute green blazer that another girl has at work, and deal with the train at 8:20 am.

I told a couple people I broke up with Chris. Kelly asked if I was okay and if I wanted to get coffee; Michelle seemed surprised I did it so fast, thus missing both the hot tubs in Connecticut and the planned vacation to Grand Cayman); but Jamie had the best response.

Mind you, by this time I had told the story four times, so when she asked me why, I said that I just didn't like him as much as he liked me and that's just not fair, bleh bleh bleh.... but then I also said, "We were watching a movie. And he wouldn't shut the hell up. So I stopped the movie and broke up with him." (Which is technically the case, but it was a lot more than that.) She asked me what movie we were watching, and I told her. DIARY OF A MAD BLACK WOMAN made her nearly fall over... and since she's normally really shy, I started laughing too.

And to put my day in perspective, a huge box of padded envelopes missed my head by about six inches when I knocked it down today. On the up side, I only fucked up twice OTHER than that at work. Way to go me!!!

Meg's hint for the day: Don't watch a movie about some guy breaking your heart as a romantic selection.

Chris asked me not to blog about him, so I won't beyond today. But if you want to know the ending of the movie, dear, just IM me.

So that's my funny shit for the day: other than that I printed out the first paragraph of the serenity prayer today, cut it out and put it on a bright pink post it and put it under where I show off my book covers by my computer. I'm sure everyone at work assumes I'm an alcoholic anyway, since alcohol-related gifts are all they buy me, but this definitely cements it.

In reality, I'm just trying to keep myself from a) a nervous breakdown or b) making my brain a complete mush.

Favorite line of the new RENT sdtk today: You'll see boys... you'll see boys...

No comments: