Thursday, November 03, 2005

Such a New York Day

It's such a New York Day for me. I ignored the entire train this morning (although duly noting that I pissed off a lady who wanted to take up two spots avoiding everyone and sitting comfortably and another lady who clearly thought she should be sitting) and came to work.....

I've become quite popular at work. I'm friends with the publicists, and I try to make my way down to sales to see KJ every once in a while. It's nice thinking that I'm cool every once in a while and then I realize I'm a complete doofus again.

BUT I did have a stellar moment today. I followed the president of adult publishing and an asst from subrights in to the elevator. The asst asked me how i was and I totally capitalized on something Chris said to me about yesterday feeling like Thursday. I made the adult pres laugh FOUR TIMES going down 14 floors.. which I think is quite impressive. And since I am wearing my very grape frost purple pants today in honor of going to a show later with Chris and his tattooed harem of friends, I think she'll remember me.

And I was just going out for a smoke, and when I walked into the air it was crisp but warm (60 degrees) and I was reminded of how when I first came to NYC in October 2000 that I was amazed the city could be this beautiful late into the year. And then I remembered that the weather is always this beautiful in early November, when the moldy October has worn off and fall is in full session before winter. This is when the magic happens.

I was all full of myself rounding the corner of Rock Center Plaza and 50th Street and enjoying my cigarette (which Chris has nearly convinced me to call "butts" but I refuse) when I ran into tourists. And that's when I remembered it's also tourist city in the Isle.

Great. Now all I'll hear for the next two months out of my boss's window is some homeless guy playing sax. But at least I can make Chris go iceskating.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey everyone! Cool site! The customer support seems good and the technology jobs are endless. Maybe I will have a better directmatch searching for human resources
since my keyword "customer care jobs" did not fit as intended.
Glad I found you! Keep on keepin on!

Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... » »