Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Just Like Jesse James

I forget how much I truly LOVE Cher. While I was moderately bored watching the Golden Globes last night, I went through my roomie's CDs to look for stuff to put in my Itunes... and before I put in the Cher my CD burner stopped working. Evil. So now I'm listening to it on my CD player in my room, wondering how I didn't put this on before Monster Ballads. On the upside, I do have Monster Ballads (Disc 1 and 2).

Chris directed me to good wholesalers online though and with his help I should be able to get one for a decent price that I can install myself in less than a week. Still, without adding CDs to Itunes, how good am I?

One of my friends brought up privacy this week, and I started thinking about it. Even though I inadvertently bring people up in here (i.e. I mention Jackie a lot, or Michelle, and this blog for a long time was basically me discussing all of Todd's faults), I really don't mean harm by it. But people with objections I only mention in passing (Chris, for example; Jackie, now that she's mentioned something).

Privacy doesn't mean anything to me online; most people can get this information by talking to me. And I do leave the heavy stuff for my journal. When I was struggling this weekend, I turned there. This just cuts down on my B&N costs of journals and tells my friends what's going on. And I try to be witty (which doesn't always work).

But in my grand plan to be more considerate and improve myself (now I sound as New Agey as my parents), I'm glad my will-remain-unmentioned friend brought up that he didn't want any of our adventures on the blog. And for some reason, that made it even more special. Not that it wouldn't have been otherwise, but I've forgotten how nice it is to keep stuff to myself.

As Richard Marx says, "Hold onto the nights..."

And now, I've lost all music credibility.
But I think that's lost to most people when I say I really dig Starship (or blog about Cher).

No comments: