Sunday, March 19, 2006

6 Weird Things You May Know About Me

I said I'd wait a few days to write this but then I sat down wanting to be addicted to my computer for 2 hours until EXTREME MAKEOVER... and halfway through a can of mixed nuts (so much for that bikini) I thought a few days? Fuck that, I'm going to answer Kiddo's thingy. But seriously, read the next post. It's cool. Lots of reading material for you readers this week. Must be the sex I'm not having.

The rules are, once you've been tagged you have to write a blog with 6 weird things/habits about yourself. In the end you need to list 6 other people to tag and list their names. Don't forget to leave a comment saying "You've been tagged" in their comments and tell them to read your blog...Here are six fucked up things about me. . . six is just the beginning. But alas, I have only 89 minutes until EXTREME MAKEOVER HOME EDITION.

1. I fart. Alot. And I'm not ashamed of it; in fact its become a running joke among Berger and a few of my friends. My roommate hates it - can't you control it, she asked once, and I said, Sometimes you just don't know how to pre-empt. After a feta burger at Burger Heaven on Friday, I was glad both of my bosses were gone --- and said to Danielle who could clearly smell it but was being polite and not saying anything about the rancid air, "you're lucky I didn't eat hummus." Another facet of me I attribute to my daddy.

2. I have a fascination with people of color, and really religious people. I think its because I have no culture per se and really fend for myself in the religion department. Maybe its the community, or the fact that I really still want braids, ---none of that I-just-got-back-from-the-Bahamas shit and to be able to sit on a chair and be paraded around at my wedding.

3. I used to pretend olive juice (for green olives in the jar) was wine and I still drink it to this day. Never waste or water it down either.

4. I look in people's eyes on the street, a cardinal sin in NYC. But I'm a fascinated people watcher and I love seeing people who obviously do or do not care about eye contact. And once in a while I'll see a face that haunts me (like the girl on the subway on the day I was listening to Kelly Clarkson after breaking up with Todd on the eve of the summit. I will never forget her face.)

5. I talk to myself in the shower. Particularly about what "we" want to wear, what "we" want to do, about what "we" feel about something.

6. While I really envy people that can follow the trends and the designers, Page Six, art gallery openings, etc I know I shouldn't even bother with it because I wouldn't fit in anyway. Hence the unabashed love of all things poppy and commercial, from RENT to Starship. If its been cool in the past six months, I disdain it until its past trendy.

You probably all know this stuff but it was fun anyway. Especially since I think someone will debate whether or not I debate them when doing #5. I'm going back to SOMETHING BLUE by Emily Giffin --- read SOMETHING BORROWED first but these two books are good! --- but feel free to take this for your blog. I'm going against the grain and not tagging.