Monday, March 20, 2006

# 7 - What You Don't Know About Me

I really dig country music. Inspired by the upcoming trip to Minneapolis, between reading a book from one of my new editor's new authors and waiting for the Nightline featuring the cast of Grey's Anatomy talking about race on American TV, I have downloaded a bunch of old country songs from Travis Tritt (I'm Gonna Be Somebody, Someday ring a bell, anyone?), Doug Stone (Sure is Monday!) and other assorted artists.

I'm about two steps away from donning my Pabst Blue Ribbon shirt and yelling "Hell Yeah!" and singing Redneck Woman.

But I'm going to the Twin Cities, not Wisconsin. So I better calm down while recognizing that I'm the same girl who crashed a tractor and dated white trash.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you have family in Minneapolis? I'm headed up there for some good country music April 8th.

hot babe said...

Oh, but even in MN I've been known to find a group of guys where I can say "PBR me asap" & actually get a can of PBR tossed in my direction for my drinking pleasure. Although, I will say that it's tough for me to really enjoy PBR. I more enjoy the atmosphere that goes along with it... especially if its at an all you can eat fish fry.

And I'm a closeted country music fan, too. I should just learn to own it. Enjoy Mpls! I can't wait to read all about your trip... mostly because I love hearing how much people love my city.

Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP »