Tuesday, March 21, 2006

"I'm a Coat?" - American Idol commentary

It must be that I'm getting older, but this show is getting old to me (finally). But this year the contestants are more interesting than the last two years (Fantasia? Overrated version of Macy Gray, who was a one hit wonder to begin with, at least in the pop arena) and Carrie Underwood (who I like but had absolutely no competition).

Then my roomie springs the Clay Aiken sexuality question. As a devout Clay fan (I bought the first album,saw the Idol concert that year in St. Paul AND booed Ruben), I said I didn't want to guess.

Me: If he's gay then he's definitely still in closet. But if he's straight... then he's still in the closet too.
Roomie: Maybe he's asexual (halfway to the kitchen, she says) -- maybe he's a hermaphrodite.
Me: (gaping silence)
Roomie (in kitchen, nearly shouting): What? That's legitmate! (Walks back in) After all, Jamie Lee Curtis rocks it...

Between that and Kellie Pickler STILL not getting why Simon Cowell called her a "minx" (She apparently heard minx, as in the subject header today), it was a great Idol.

My roommate and I decided on 2 things, which is rare for us in any circumstance: #1. We'd definitely make out with Katharine McFee;
#2. Elliott Yamin's ears make him HOT.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site.I used information from that site its great.
» » »