Sunday, March 26, 2006

Amusement for Hours

With winning advertisements like "Got Herpes? Me too (47 - North Jersey) who can compete with Craigslist for sheer amusement?

Most of the people are crazy, but it's pretty much the same gamble as meeting someone at a bar. After all, I met Chris on CL and didn't die. Danielle met her boyfriend there too and he's awesome.

Since I seem to be striking out in finding dates otherwise, I think I'll stick to meandering the personals online and being happy I'm not 47 in North Jersey with herpes. Because really, what does that guy have going for him? (I know, he's got a GREAT personality.)

I'm actually sticking to my self-imposed hiatus... which isn't really a hiatus as much as a "I'm going to try to slow things down with boys" effort. I met two great guys on Thursday and Saturday and didn't really follow up with either of them because frankly, I didn't like them THAT much. There's no point in getting hurt about someone that you're not crazy about, right?

That and dating friends of friends is like dating people where you work: don't shit where you eat. Oh... that really works for me, now doesn't it?