Sunday, March 19, 2006

JFK to MSP


Sanity is overrated.

So my new mission to be back to normal is working, especially after a few long talks with friends. I threw myself into work, but instead of taking out my angst in cover/jacket memos I decided to just forget everything I think about otherwise.

And its working. I was really pumped to discover that I have sixteen unexpected days of vacation coming to me in 2006,

So I decided I was going somewhere SOON. As in the first weekend I didn't already have plans or that my bosses scheduled a Monday morning "team breakfast". Initially I planned a hasty escape to Fire Island but that fell apart when Berger decided he'd rather go to Spain with the dinero. (For the record, housesitting in Hoboken is a vacation to no one. Temporary escape, sure, but I want to go somewhere that is not accessible through the MTA transit system.)

So after some consideration and a hasty conversation with a Minneapolis native (friend of a friend) on St. Pat's, I decided that plowing back into the Big Apple equivalent in the Midwest would be the best solution to the remainder my blues.

So here I come, kiddo (I promise I'll return your tag in my next blog), and the rest of the Twin Cities prepare for this transplanted New Yorker. I'll be listening to country music and saying MinnEEESoohhTA soon enough.

(I'm also seeing my really good friends, a former fuck buddy and my favorite freshman ex --- all people who know where Winona State is and don't give a fuck about endpapers.)

No comments: