Sunday, October 08, 2006

Let's Go Mets

Every year in April, the city is tagged with "Maybe this year could be it" signs for the underdog Mets. And every year in October Mets fans listen to the Yanks fanatics gloat about their legacy for the ubiquitious money team. But this year, things are different.

This year, the Mets are going to make it. Or at least they've made it past the Yanks. My teams are going 2-1 right now: even though the Twins barely made the playoffs and were expectedly swept, they made it, which I wouldn't have predicted at all during the regular season. And now my Mets are doing the best I've seen them since I moved here.

Now if only the Packers could actually catch what my man Favre throws, I'd be a satisfied sports fan. But I'll have to settle for not worrying about him getting killed because his offensive line are idiots.

2 comments:

Glamorous Redneck said...

I was so sad when the Twins lost! But it was pretty exciting to watch the last two weeks of the season & wait and see how it panned out.

Glamorous Redneck said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.