Wednesday, October 12, 2005

I love Ludacris..............

Normally I only "like" Ludacris - I mean, I could go either way on his songs... but in the movie CRASH? He's great.

He's partnered with Larenz Tate, who is always one of my favorite black actors (right up there with Taye Diggs...yummy yummy) among other people - and I have nothing bad to say about this movie. All of the characters are dead on, and the Dotti character far surpasses everyone else in terms of beauty (she's playing the daughter of an immigrant from Pakistan).

When most people in NYC hears I'm from Wisconsin, they think of country and cows and the Packers. My friend Mike - and Dwight at one point - there's no black people there, is there?

I totally don't think that's a bad question, considering they are young black men and when I flag down a cab when I'm with Mike, I get it much faster than he does - because I'm a white girl. (I of course blame this on my height - I'm easily three inches taller) - but really, it's all about race - and gender.

I think CRASH is a great movie, and I'm glad it was relatively quiet. The ensamble cast is AWESOME (you know the movie will be good if it has Don Cheadle, after all, although the Brendan Fraser is DEFINITELY questionable).


But on another subject, I did dump Mike. And although I'd like to think I let him down easy, I know I hurt his feelings. It definitely made me feel bad, but at the end of the day Sunday (he was over Saturday night, and then we went to brunch with Jackie and Yafreisi on Sunday), I felt like my old self again - I'm a maneater again (well, not quite, but a lot better than a whiny girl who talks about her ex constantly). I knew that I didn't dump him because he was black, or because he was short (although that was a hinderance)... but because I didn't like him...

And that I'm happy enough being alone to wait for somebody I want. Who will, probably, dump me. But that's okay - because all along I've been saying to anyone that will listen that the ups and downs is what life is all about.

I'll try to blog more.


2 comments:

Kiddo78 said...

You must be really busy at work lately, too. Big gaps!

Anonymous said...

Much agreed on Crash. Loved the movie, despite how disturbing it is to see the truth. One person tried to argue with me that things like that don't really happen. *head meet desk*