Saturday, October 15, 2005

What Constitutes a Date, Exactly?

Today, managing ed boy is coming to my hood to eat brunch with me! Well, ghetto breakfast at the diner on the corner, but same difference, only sans alcoholic drinks.

According to our conversation Tuesday, we should have two more "dates" after this. Now whether or not those are dates, I guess, depends on how we act today. I hate not knowing if the guy really just wants to try diners all around the city or if he actually likes me.

But judging that he's coming about 200 blocks uptown to see me, I can guess it's NOT for the diner. But, then, what is it for? Friendship? Another source for gossip? Obviously the fact that I work with the guy moves the stakes higher, which is something I've tried to keep OFF of my mind while getting ready (and I look great, which is helpful.) But we do work at different imprints...........

Anyhoo, I just wanted to blog about when a date was a date - and you knew it! The 8th grade dance is a good example. Although you mostly met up at the dance, ignored the guy while asking your friends if he was looking at you and then slowdanced and maybe ended up necking (and I mean necking) in the back of his car in tenth grade. So maybe this new dating is better.

A thorn in the side of my plan is that also right now, Jackie & Michelle are coming up to get some clothes that I offered Michelle. Of course, she doesn't come up when I'm available to hang out, but when I have a date. However, they may be spying. One never knows - but Michelle was there when we arranged the damn date so who the hell knows.

But in a couple minutes, Managing Ed boy will call and I'll walk down and meet him on the corner, and I'll have a western omelette with cheese. The damn place better not be full.

And of course, now I'm second guessing my outfit. But if I change, then you know he'll call in the middle of changing my shirt. Which I'm totally going to do now.

More later.............................