Sunday, October 23, 2005

SO a Second Date

I'm going to start a whole series like this I think. Or not. But yet again, maybe.......

I went out with Chris last night and the random CL hookup really worked for me. We only chatted online - he IMed me - for about twenty minutes before I managed to fish for an invite to go out with him and his friends to this bar in Chelsea which changed to a bar in Alphabet City...

The first time I saw him, I was reminded of Morgan, which some of you old friends may remember as the hipster (now loser) I slept with at CMJ 2000 - my first time in New York. But in a better way... had the hipster look (glasses, wool coat, Diesel, etc) but not the attitude or the drugs. At first I thought I might be too normal for him (He used to be a performance artist in college) but then we got to talking and we actually missed our stop on the F train because we were so engrossed in conversation. We made it to the bar after getting caught in the first fall thunderstorm completely soaked and talked until his friends came.

I was a little nervous to be thrown in with friends - especially because his best girl friend Katie was going to be there. But everything went smoothly and when they went to Brooklyn he suggested we stay in Manhattan. We did, and we really struck up good conversation - and when we kissed at the next bar an hour or so later, he said he'd been wanting to kiss me for an hour (which I totally was feeling as well).

We met up with Jackie & Ian in another bar and he wanted to take me home so I of course let him.... I'm not going to get into the details but when I woke up I hadn't added a number but I had a good time... and so did he.

I was in a hurry to meet Kate & KJ from work in Bklyn for bocce ball and brunch, so I went home - but Chris was nice enough to walk me across Central Park which was lovely and very tempting to just sit in but I couldn't (and of course all I really wanted to do is nap watch tv make out nap with Chris in his apartment but I couldn't do that either) but the bocce was fun - even if Kate & KJ tended to talk about their work a lot (they work for the same boss). And now I'm home with a second date on tap for Wednesday....

It was weird - when I got home I checked onto IM to see who was on (all these craigslist guys are Im'ing me constantly and every day I'm losing interest) and Todd was on with an away message of "in the park"... and even though its shallow and petty I really, really wanted him to see me with Chris - who is a lot cuter and more successful and just generally a good guy (so far). It's moments like that where I question if I'm over him.....

But when I'm giddy to see that Chris put up an away message that says "recovering from an amazing night" I know I am over Todd as much as I can be..... maybe not over the broken heart but over Todd himself.

So... all.... get ready for a Meg Dating Adventure! Complete with guitars, spiky hair, and David Bowie....and lots of East Side/West Side rivalry (In NYC there's three kinds of people: East Siders, West Siders, and Outer Borough people who don't count - this category also includes Jersey & other burbs. Chris is an east sider, while I am a west sider, tried & true. But we're trying to convert each other).

And to Jennie & Lis.. thanks for the comments. I took a look at myself in Chris's bathroom mirror this morning and I have to say that I look awesome. It's amazing what boys mirrors show that the one at home doesn't. ( I also saw that I should work in a couple places...)

2 comments:

Kiddo78 said...

Honey, you need to start reading others' blogs and commenting before any will look at your's. I don't know if December will work anymore b/c I'm already borrowing against bonus money that I thought would arrive in November....

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read strategy roulette What are pink vicodin Patanol allergy eye drops Oldsmobile cutlass for sale didrex online Sex feel good order ionamin without a prescription modafinil didrex $99 cell phone in illinois