Friday, April 22, 2005

10 Reasons Why Today Sucks

1. Woke up from stimulating (not sexually, more hmmm.. what does that mean?)although peaceful dream at 6:40 am to remember a) its not saturday and b) Todd doesn't want to be with me. Grr.

2. At 8:20, can't decide what to wear. decide to eat yogurt naked before deciding on something easy that remarkably matches.

3. 8:45 - my ipod decides to conk out. I sit on my stair in desperation until I hit it and it works.

4. When I get to work to drown my sorrows in the makings of books, I discover that a) while I was crying and talking to Amanda about her wonderful pseudoboyf, my boss was bumping into Jay-Z and hugging Kayne West.

5. Then I discover there IS NO WORK TO DO and that all of the managerial staff is gone, and its a beautiful day, but there's no way I'm going to tell my boss that a) there's no work to do and b) I really want to leave and curl up in my sheets and drink wine with my friends. So I have to feign working.

6. I feel like I'm going to cry every five seconds - I think its my period

7. I was shunned from the other assistant's eating lunch - they never invite me. Not like I'd want to go, b/c I don't have much to say to them, but STILL. Its Friday. Have some courtesy. Don't mention it when you're nearby and you KNOW I can hear.

8. I realized this morning that I'm not getting laid for awhile.

9. Something that distinctly pisses me off is how nice it is NOW when I'm working, but Sunday when I want to go to the park it's going to be miserable.

10. Our apartment approval is taking weeks and weeks on end. (Well, 8 days so far.) What does the landlord need? Jackie & I clear the income hurdle, AND we have a guarantor. I feel like we're stalking our broker, the move-in date is a week from Sunday, and the landlord is holding out for a millionaire to want to live in Washington Heights. As Jackie says, if you're making $100 K a year, you're not living in Washington fucking Heights.

And, to answer your question, I DID wake up on the bad side of the bed this morning. The side that reminded me that Todd will never nap there again, and to help matters it was 7:45 am.

No comments: