Tuesday, April 26, 2005

I'm Not Homeless Anymore!

After months of worrying and weeks of anticipation, I'm not homeless anymore! Jackie & I are going to sign a lease on an apartment a couple of blocks away from the A station at 181st in Washington Heights, on the Island of Manhattan... way to go us!!!!

In other news, I apologize for the lack of posts. Lots of stuff has been going on with me everywhere but work, so I haven't had a chance to say anything even if I HAD wanted to.

But Reid posted this for me at his blog (http://kiddo78.blogspot.com) and I figured I should answer his questions.

So.. how this works. It started with a blog that Reid's friend had. Essentially, its an interview chain. If you are interested in being interviewed by me, here are the rules:
1. Leave me a comment saying “interview me.”
2. I will respond by asking you five questions here. They will be different questions than the ones above.
3. You will update YOUR blog (or if you don't have one, you can post it on the comments) with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

My Five Questions:
1. What was the first CD you bought/had? Tape?? I can't remember the first tapes, although I LOVED "Like A Prayer" by Madonna and "Rhythm Nation 1814" by Janet Jackson when I was younger. My first CDs were: Sheryl Crow's TUESDAY NIGHT MUSIC CLUB (which I didn't really appreciate until a year or two ago) and Paula Abdul's FOREVER YOUR GIRL (which was to replace a worn out tape)... I was 13. I think... it was the summer of 95, so maybe I was 14..?
2. Who/when was your first kiss & describe the situation? Cody Rogers - I was in ninth grade and 14. We kissed in the back row of the Cosmo theatre while pretending to watch MCHALE'S NAVY. He dumped me a few weeks later, and I proceeded to date two of his best friends immediately afterwards, thus beginning my career as a "maneater" according to my h.s. friends.
3. What do you miss most about Winona and the Midwest/MN/WI? This is going to sound really dorky, but I really miss my family, and the land itself. I guess I have a little Steinbeck in me. About Winona? I miss rollerblading in the park and going on random road trips with Brandi... and having all of my friends a drive away...
4. What do you like most about living in NYC? Anonymity. No one knows me or my business, which is fantastic - but I know that even though New Yorkers are jaded and leave you alone, if you fell down or got hurt on the street, someone would be there to make sure you're okay. It's the best of both worlds.
5. If you could kill/seriously injure/maim anyone and get away with it, who would it be and why? (feel free to use first name, last initial only) I was thinking about this... and its funny, but I wouldn't want to be violent about anyone since the only people I can think of just ANNOY me. I'd rather teach them a lesson than anything else... the first person that comes to mind is Eamon W., but I wouldn't know how to adequately punish him - I have moved on to feeling sorry for the poor selfish trendy bastard. So I guess I would want to cut off Stephen's ponytail - Stephen is a really annoying guy in the pub program who thinks he's better than everyone else b/c he's older and had businesses. If you had successful businesses, why would you sell them? Oh, and part of his punishment would be a good shave and calling him "Steve".

1 comment:

Kiddo78 said...

Man ponytails are evil and must be destroyed!!