Sunday, April 10, 2005

What a Fantabulous Day!

Today was so great it requires TWO posts!

I started my day early (I woke up at about 9:30, which was shocking since Michelle & I stayed up until almost 3:30am) and went to Central Park, which was fantastic except that my hands swelled up (I noticed this somewhere near the West 80s) because I hadn't ate anything last night that didn't have salt in it (namely pickles and olives) so much I couldn't budge my rings or my watch (now I know what my hands would look like if I was 300 lbs however) which worried me a bit.

Then I ended up walking 20 more blocks because I was making good time and didn't have a cramp once! I usually get those weird you're-not-breathing-enough side cramps at least once in the walk) so I managed to walk the whole transverse PLUS about 14 more blocks.

When I made it home, I caught a bit of SPICEWORLD on HBO, then watched the Mets kick ass against the Braves. I turned it on in the beginning of the bottom of the 7th, when they made 5 runs in a matter of minutes, for their first win of the season. (Including a double from my man, Doug Mientkiewicz, former TWINS first baseman, the entire reason why I love the Mets now.) Did I mention I'm going to Shea Stadium next Saturday???

Then I went and sat on the promenade and talked to Lori and my parents, read a bit of my homework, then I went to see another apartment. It was GREAT - had a little balcony and everything and the girls actually watch TV, which is fantastic. They were really nice and I hope I get that one too.

I've decided that the recurring ulcer I get on Sundays is from the dreaded apartment waiting. I really hope I get one of these two apartments - both are really nice and cute. I think I like this one a bit better, just because the girls are a little more down to earth (even though one of them was really quiet) and they have a balcony!! (And the rent's cheaper.)

But all in all, a fantastic weekend. It was gorgeous out today - I didn't need a jacket for any of it. LOVE my new bag, too. I can't wait for summer in the city.

Now all I need is a place to live!

1 comment:

Kiddo78 said...

Sounds like a great weekend. Nice weather (here too), booze and lots of sex. Can't beat it.