Sunday, April 10, 2005

Oh, How the Mighty Have Fallen

Jackie said it'd take two weeks for me to give up the "i'm not going to sleep with Todd" commentary... well she should have said, "the next time you hang out with Todd you will get drunk, tell him you love him, and then sleep with him three times in about twelve hours and lay in his arms for half of Saturday."

Right. And then Todd made the remark that he doesn't come off all that well on the blog. So I've decided to make a list of 10 reasons I adore the man:

1. His eyebrows fall into his face if he doesn't trim them. (This I, like most other people, found this disturbing at first, but now I think it's adorable)
2. He's always there for me, no matter how crazy I get. I think he likes it, or finds me amusing when I rant.
3. He's well educated and the only person who wants to take apart my heating ducts to make sure his assumptions about them are right.
4. He knows how to hold me to make me feel better.
5. If I kiss him with passion and that I'll-take-care-of-you vibe, it makes him shiver inside. (If this isn't a sign of love, I don't know what is.)
6. Even though our relationship status is always questionable at best, there's something about him that makes me run directly back to his arms.
7. Best sex I've had in a very long time. (Also, a v. well-proportioned member. To sound like Goldilocks, just right.)
8. He always falls asleep before I do, and now I can tell when he is or is not sleeping.
9. Sometimes he's difficult to deal with, but most of the time he's sweet and really easy to get along with.
10. I have no idea why I think I love him, but I'm glad I do, even if he doesn't lov me.

I've always said that love is not necessarily about the other person loving you back. You have to let yourself fall in order to experience the good and the bad. With Todd, I have that rollercoaster almost every week. And as much as I'd like to move on and find that ideal relationship, I think I like this reality even more. Besides, it's a challenge - YOU WILL LOVE ME, you asshole! (just kidding).

Best thing ever: getting soaped up by Todd in the shower,very tenderly, to "FREEBIRD". (We were talking about how cheesy the song is and how much we both hated it in college. So it felt only appropriate to end the sex extravaganza on that note.)

In other news, I also think that I'm getting an ulcer every Sunday. I woke up this morning with that same feeling in my tummy. I think its nervousness about the apartment manifesting when I'm not busy. So I'm trying to keep myself busy and my thoughts positive. I emailed the girl whose apartment I adored. I would LOVE to live there! It's perfect... now can I get it? Everyone pray to their deity and cross their fingers.

Oh, and while you're doing that? Please pray that the junk food I ate last night doesn't go directly to my tummy.