Friday, April 15, 2005

My friends always know the transsexuals

My friends are often transsexual magnets. And I mean that in a nice way. In Winona, there was "erica" - a kind of bitchy but nice trans that used to drink cosmos at the college bars. Unsuspecting barely-21s used to hit on her. My friend Brandi was friends with her until she became a bitch (Erica, not Brandi.)

Then Michelle (see post) knew Alex, and I saw the one on the train. Post-op transition definitely explains it. It must be so hard to do that. I can't imagine ever wanting to, but I've played men in theatrical roles and it's hard to be androgynous.

Onto more enlightening things - I think Jackie & I found an apartment!! It's on 181st & Pinehurst, down the street from the A train, a Starbucks and a bar that does karaoke on Thursdays - my kind of place!!! I'm very excited and hope that we can get stuff together so we can sign the lease on Monday. Our leasing agent is GREAT and nice and all that, and the apartment is very cute. A real 2 BR, and Jackie already agreed to split the rent differently b/c she's taking the big room. Our rooms are at opposite ends which KICKS ASS and I'm just very happy all around about the situation. We actually have a walk-in kitchen.

This of course will make me broker than shit for the next 3 months until financial aid comes to save my ass again, so be prepared for a lot of whining. But summer is less expensive than winter b/c you're out and about more... and I'll be exercising all the time....

And I'll have a REAL full bed! And be 15 minutes away from Todd!!!

And I'm going to Shea Stadium tomorrow!
After dinner & drinks with Todd tonight!
It's going to be 71 and sunny on Sunday for the park!
What a great weekend!
Why oh why is it only 11:22 am!

No comments: