Thursday, May 26, 2005

Carrie Underwood Cookies

My (healthy) obsession with AMERICAN IDOL serves only to BENEFIT me.

Benefit #1: The editor in chief (my boss's boss) comes to my desk to discuss it and celebrates with me about Carrie. Is it coincidence that she asks ME to do things for her when her assistant's not here? Is it coincidence that a week after getting a wrap up from her when I was TV less that she assigned me in charge of a reprint correction? I think not.

Benefit #2: Jackie declined to watch the two hour finale, but I think Todd secretly enjoyed it. Plus, during the boring parts all we did was makeout.. benefitting both of us. HOWEVER, he thought BO was going to win, so I bet him - I was going to do a nice, servicable thing to him, starting with either the letter "f"or the letter "b" depending on how raunchy you want to be if Bo won, and he owed me a long massage from when I was deathly ill.... so when Carrie won I got that. And SOOO much more. Hehe......

Benefit #3: The boss didn't believe me when I said that I thought Carrie was going to win. So we ALSO made a bet (perhaps I have a gambling problem..) that if Bo won, I was going to bring her cookies and if Carrie won, she would bring me cookies. So right now, I'm sitting with half a dozen cookies from Pret a Porter, and a glass of milk... Carrie Underwood Cookies!

And of course I'm going to share with my boss's boss. We're TRUE believers...