Thursday, May 12, 2005

I'd Rather Be At Work?

I haven't even been living in my apartment for a week and I'm SOOOO sick of books and magazines, and NO TV and my ass hurting from the lack of a couch....

I'd almost rather be at work. The TIVO in the conference room is starting to lure me in with its presence. TIVO TIVO TIVO. Think anyone would notice if I stayed late on Tuesdays to watch AMERICAN IDOL?

Even though I didn't see the last episode of THE AMAZING RACE, which is ironic because I watched EVERY OTHER EPISODE, I'm really glad Joyce & UChenna won. They WERE the best team. I hope they can adopt a baby. Otherwise, I'd be more than happy to donate a (albeit white) egg to them. Just on the record!

Hmmm. My life, I've decided, is hideously boring. I NEED to go out this weekend. I'm hoping Amanda will be game, since all my other friends flew the coop after the semester was over, those losers, Jackie's still complaining about money, and Todd's running a half marathon on Saturday (which is cool). I just need to GET OUT of the apartment for a while and drink at a bar. And it sucks that I have no friends to do that with. I would do it by myself, but that just makes me easy prey for creeps like the eurotrash on the A last night who hit on me constantly even though I was doing my Looking-anywhere-but-at-you thing and listening to my Ipod really loud. At one point, the asshole even asked if he could listen to the Pod. Yeah right.

But things are looking up. Heather is coming in two weeks, and my dad two weeks after that. YAY! And Michelle will be back after Memorial Day and although I'm 130 blocks away from Amanda now, we should be able to hook up now that we're both just working....

It would be better if the phone Cingular promised me would get here. I ordered it 3 days ago.. and it was supposed to be here in 1-2 business days. My phone is a piece of &*%( that doesn't work since the antenna fell off... so I have no signal in my apt, which also leads me to feel lonely since I don't know that no one is calling me....


1 comment:

Kiddo78 said...

I hear ya...After working in my apartment all day, I need to get the hell out of here- anywhere! My only friends here only go to the bars, so guess where I am half the evenings of each week?! You guessed it. Hopefully I can visit this summer. I think my money problems will subside a little then.