Monday, May 16, 2005

I'm the Only White Girl.... in the room, the subway station, the neighborhood - OK, maybe not

The lack of posting is due to my poverty and no longer having the Internet at home. But thanks for the love from the two or three of you that cared enough to email and ask for an update.

SO. Since I've moved into the lovely Washington Heights neighborhood, I've discovered four things:
1. I am hot in this neighborhood.
2. There are either a) really attractive guys or b) really ugly guys in the neighborhood
3. The walkway along the Henry Hudson parkway is beautiful and is usually pretty dead, even on the weekends, which gives me the opportunity to sing along to my Ipod in public
4. You can get VERY VERY Bored without cable TV or Internet

There was also A LANDSLIDE down the street when one of the stone retaining walls (built in 1908) broke apart on Thursday and came crashing down on the Henry Hudson parkway. At the end of 181st street, about three blocks away. Was I concerned? Not exactly. Jackie & I were just happy to have lots and lots of hot NYPD and FDNY in the neighborhood....

Something I have noticed (especially when going back and forth to Todd's) is that the 1-9 train, unlike the A (despite all appearances) above 96th St is GHETTO. But what's funny about that is that the neighborhood up by me turns from ghetto to okay to nice in four blocks. And no one crosses over. Except for me - SUPER WHITE GIRL! I've perfected the angry-my-boyfriend-is-a-drug-dealer-so-don't-mess-with-me-look and they leave me alone. Hopefully that will continue.

Little do they know that my REAL boyfriend (or whatever you want to call him) is a white boy engineer from Sweetest Town USA (Hershey) or whatever they call it, who I am now affectionately naming "Gimpy" because he tore up his knee running.

So much for the marathon. At least it doesn't affect him in other ways.....